Jeni Q

I think this must be what's happening. The weird thing is that one time I
got it to work right. But I can't remember how. :-O
"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
: Is your document based on (associated with) a template (.dot) that is
: connected to a data source? If so, you might recieve this message in
recent
: versions of Word because when the template opens, it tries to connect to
the
: data source.
:
: Peter Jamieson
:
: "Jeni Q" wrote in message
: ...
: Yes, I'm pretty sure that the merge has been executed. Typically, when
you
: have not executed the merge, most of the toolbar buttons are available
: you. You can also see the field shading (I have mine set to Always). In
: this
: completed document, there are no shaded fields appearing and the only
: mailmerge toolbar buttons available are Main Document Setup and Open
Data
: Source. So it clearly seems to me that it has merged.
:
: However, it's insistence on prompting to connect to the data source on
: open
: proves otherwise. What could be keeping the connection?
:
: Jennifer
:
: "Doug Robbins" wrote in message
: ...
: : Are you sure that you have actually executed the merge to a new
: document?
: :
: : I suggest that you select Toolbars from the View menu and then check
the
: : mailmerge item to display the mailmerge toolbar, then use the buttons
on
: the
: : Right Hand end of the toolbar to execute the mailmerge.
: :
: : --
: : Hope this helps.
: :
: : Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
: : services on a paid consulting basis.
: :
: : Doug Robbins - Word MVP
: : "Jeni Q" wrote in message
: : ...
: : Hello. I've read KB 825765 so I understand when and why I get
prompted
: : with
: : the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message when
you
: : open
: : a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data source.
: :
: : However, I do not understand why I get prompted for the document
after
: the
: : merge has run and my new document has been created and saved. When I
: close
: : and reopen the newly created document, I still get the prompt. There
: is
: : obviously a data attachment still existing. Is there any way to
break
: that
: : attachment?
: :
: : I may not be understanding clearly how the merge process worked. I
: thought
: : it brought data into the new document and that's it. Is it
: continuously
: : going to the data source to get the data?
: :
: : Any help/advice would be appreciated.
: :
: : Thanks,
: : Jennifer Dickens
: :