Wendy

Default Word 2003 doesn't save changes in doc

Hi all,

I have a Word 2003 install - 11.5604.5606

These days, if I should be working on a saved document or even a new unsaved
document, if I go to close the doc, I no longer get a message which asks me
if I want to save my changes first, it simply closes the document and does
not save the changes or the doc unless I do so manually first.

Recently I added in a new add-in global template provided by a third party
program (GoldMine-Word link 6.7.171), that is a connection to a datasource,
and is for merging to that datasource. I know that there are macros involved
with the add-in, but these are 'locked' (according to the message I try to
get when I access VBA).

So - potentially this is the cause of the issue, however, I am not sure that
macros could disable this particular functionality in Word, and am also
looking for any other additional explanations that may account for losing the
'save' functionality.

To be on the safe side, I have also reported the behaviour to the
manufacturer of the GoldMine-Word link,

Could there be any other cause as well I should check?

TIA,

--
Wendy