carrera

I'm using Word 2003
Were they created in Word originally? I don't know - in the past I would
first click "edit in Microsoft word and save that, but I was thinking at the
time that was too slow.

Now, when I have the MHT file open and click file, there of course is no
option to "edit in MS Word" when I save as a MS word doc, it appears as a
table in a word document, the columns are unformatted (see below in excel
statement), and would take to long to reformat for the volume I'm trying to
re-save.

When I would edit in MS word, I did not have this problem.

When I saved as an excel doc - again, the info was there, but the colums
were again unformatted, columns too close, columns to far apart, blank
columns, blank rows, etc.

If you try saving an internet page as a single file, THEN try to convert to
word, you'll see what I mean.

I don't want to recreate the wheel by having to go back and resave (edit in
MS Word)

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Carrera,

What version of Word are you using?
Were these MHT files one that were originally created in Word?

What are the steps you're using to open the file in Word
and can you be a bit more specific about what 'didnt work'?

=========
"carrera" wrote in message ...
Hi - I very seldom use Word, so forgive me if I sound ignorant....

I have been saving a page off my company's intranet using save as - Web
Archive single file (*mht)

I want to condence the files, as some get large.
I tried saving one as a Word document, didn't work.
Tried cutting and pasting, and finally tried to save in Excel.

None are really satifactory, as then I have to format so many columns.

How can I take this file and convert to word?
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP