Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David

Default Header and footer on first page only

Hi

I'm trying to write a business letter. My logo and date and reference etc
are all in the header on the first page. I obviously don't want these to
appear on every page [although I'd like the footer to do so if possible]. As
far as I can see, the only way to do this is to wait until my typing gets to
the bottom of the page and then manually insert a section break, making the
header in the new section different from the last section. But I seem to
have to do this for every page!

How do I do this?

Its seems to me to be such a fundamental requirement and yet I can't even
find anything on it in help. Good old MS, making everything too complicated
as usual and ignoring basic requirements.

Thansk for your help.