Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Coze381 Coze381 is offline

Default Mail merge source and moving columns

I have an Excel document that has a list of vendors in it (over 2000) which i
use to merge into a Word document to print labels. When I select receipents,
despite the fact that the Excel Document has Vendor Name in column A and
Vendor Number in column B, the receipents box always has Address 1 in column
1, Address 2 in column 2. The Vendor Name and Number are not listed until
column 6 and 7, which is annoying since i work with this document many times
during the day. I have scraped the whole merge document - both word and
excel and recreated them from scratch but that does not even help the
situation. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,