Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike

Default Easy way to put separate borders for each column?

I found a way to do this, but it's a bit convoluted. First create a header
with a text box and size the text box to be slightly larger than where the
column borders will be. Format the text box so that it's behind the text
and turn off the lines & fill. Within the text box insert a 2 column table
and size the row and columns so they match up with your text. Once you have
it sized correctly, you can then format the table borders to get the look
you want.

This may require a bit of fiddling to get everything lined up correctly, but
once done should give you the look you want. Hope this helps,

Mike

"cmb" wrote in message
I have a 60 page memory book document for graduates. Each page has a photo
or two and text that includes indents and numerous paragraphs. I set the
page up so that I have two identical 8.5x11 pages side by side by making 2
columns on a 17x11" custom page size. The idea is that the printer will
print the document on 17x11 paper, cut it down the middle and we will have
2
books, saving $. The question that I have is, is there a way to easily
put
the same border around all of the 8.5x11 pages - this means that I want a
border separately around the left column and ride column on each page. I
am
using Word 2002 but could get access to 2003 if it made a difference.
Since
the document is so long, I would prefer not to set up each section in a
table
if at all possible.