Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Are the "page setup" layout settings overwritten by page preview adjustments ?

In Word, it doesn't matter if you click the Page Setup menu item or the Page
Setup toolbar button; you still get the same dialog box. The settings apply
to the current document, unless you click the Default button, in which case
they will be transferred to the attached template.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jeff Korn" wrote in message
I setup a page layout in menu

File-page setup.

As far as I know these settings are stored in the document itself.

Now I call menu

File-page preview

and click on the preview window the button "setup..."

If I change now these settings (again): Are these changes temporary or
are they saved permanently in the document resp. are the old settings
overwritten?

Jeff