Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
FinallyLegit FinallyLegit is offline

Default Bought Pre Installed Office With Computer

I bought a computer from my neighbor (HP) and restored the computer to
factory settings. When that happened it reset the Microsoft Office and now
requires a product key. That is no problem since the product key is located
on the PC case. I enter the number and it says it is incorrect. I quadriple
checked it and I have it written correctly. I would REALLY like to avoid
getting a new product key. Is there some sort of auto-detection feature??
If not, MSO should add that in the future to avoid annoyances like that.