Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default QAT Losing Settings

Ah. It's the dropdown at the upper right, the default being "For all
documents," the other choice being for the particular document.

But when I installed Office2007 on the new Windows 7 laptop, I don't
think I copied over a Word.qat file, just the normal.dotm, and my
custom QAT appeared intact. But maybe I did.

On Jan 6, 3:27*pm, "Beth Melton" wrote:
Unlike previous versions, Quick Access Toolbar customizations aren't stored
in the Normal template. They are stored in a file named Word.qat at:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office

Keyboard customization, though, are still stored in the Normal template by
default. I think those are being lost too, based on the post. So it could be
due to a roaming profile, as noted in my reply, or a corporate network that
doesn't allow customizations to be saved, or perhaps a third-party add-in
that discards changes when you exit Word.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

When you Customize your QAT, is the box checked to save changes in
normal.dotm? (I think it's checked by default.)

Or are you on some sort of corporate network where they wipe out any
individual customizations every night?

On Jan 6, 6:56 am, Monica Burns
wrote:
Keep losing my settings on my QAT. I'll open it up and all the settings
I've
added in are completely gone, below the ribbon AND my keyboard. *I've not
done anything different. I closed out the software, reopened it. No go,
I've
looked in the Knowledge base and no go.

This has happened to me twice now and is VERY frustrating. I customize
the
QAT and the keyboard for ease of use as I have fibromyalgia and the
intensive
mouse work with this new ribbon only exacerbates the problem.

I hope someone can help me with an answer as I despise the Ribbon, and as
POWER USER, I want the ability to customize the usability of software to
match my needs.

Thanks-