Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
N. Franks

Default I have a problem loading the Symbol Dialog Box in WORD 2003

I am running a program called System Suite 6 Professional, but I am unable to
find the Office Plug-in option anywhere in there.

I should have probably checked before, but when I open Excel 2003, and try
to bring up the Symbol Box, it works there, just not in WORD. I have tried
to un-install and then re-install everything, but with no luck. If nothing
else, I can type out the symbols in Excel, and then just paste them in WORD
for right now until I can figure out why my program is absent minded.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Symbol dialog is opening behind your Word window. If you are running
Norton AntiVirus, disable its Office Plug-in.

"N. Franks" wrote in message
When I click on either the Symbol under Insert, or the shortcut (omega)

icon
I added to the toolbar, the WORD window Grey's out and stays like that

until
I click somewhere on the document, then goes back to normal. I do not

have a
separate Dialog Box that pops up for the Symbols. I have made sure that
nothing is opening off screen, and all of the other options that will

bring
up a separate Dialog Box work just fine.

"Carol" wrote:

When you click on Insert | Symbol what happens? Is it greyed out?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"N. Franks" wrote:

I have even added a shortcut to this on the toolbar, but when I click

on it
nothing happens. I have updated to office service pack 2, but that

did not
even help.