Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Default Why does "x" close word entirely and not just my current docum

I forgot to say if you unckeck
[ ] Show all windows in the Taskbar
at: Office Button Word Options Advanced : Display
the small "x" that you want is on the top right hand corner of the document.

"Mecalith" wrote:

The close command that you are looking for is at:
Office Button Close

Try opening each document in its own window by checking
[* ] Show all windows in the Taskbar
at: Office Button Word Options Advanced : Display
then the "x" only closes the current document.

"Marlene" wrote:

When I'm working in Word 07 and I go to close the current document with the
small "x" on the top right hand corner it closes the word software and not
just my current document on top. Am I blind as I don't see another "x" to
close just the current document I'm working on. Do I need to set something up
differently than word 03?