Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Final Showing Markup - Default Setting

Hi ?B?U3RlcGhlbg==?=,

Whenever i open a word document, the document always opens with the
review toolbar showing as "Final Showing Markup" as the default. Is there a
way that i can change this so that when i open a new or old word document it
shows in "Final" format ?? I have looked and looked but can not find anywhere
that allows me to chang this setting. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

If this is Word 2003, try changing the "Make hidden markup visible when opening
or saving" setting in Tools/Options/Security.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)