Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Removing Header and Footer Sections

I am not sure I understand your description correctly. If you by €śremove the
Header and Footer SECTIONS€ť mean that you want to reduce the space taken up
by the header/footer areas, you can do so by reducing the size of the top and
bottom margins (Page Layout tab Page Setup group €“ click Margins and select
Custom Margins to open the Page Setup dialog box €“ alternatively, click the
little arrow in the bottom-right corner of the Page Setup group). The margins
can also be changed by dragging the gray €śmargin markers€ť in the vertical
ruler.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Gary" wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2007 and received a resume document (in Word 2007
..docx format) from someone that I wish to change somewhat in order to create
my own resume.

The problem I am encountering is the two page resume document has header and
footer sections on both pages that I need to remove to make my changes. I
can remove the actual header and footer text (by clicking "Header - Remove
Header" and "Footer - Remove Footer") but am unable to remove the Header and
Footer SECTIONS in the document.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.