Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Will not let me type in "for which" field on inserting cross-refer

After you select "Text," click Insert. If "Insert" is disabled, that's
because you haven't selected anything in the "For which heading/numbered
item/bookmark/etc." list.

"Carla" wrote in message
It does nothing after I select "text"....like it's waiting for me to give
it
more info. I am stuck.

"Carla" wrote:

I am trying to insert cross references into my document. I followed the
steps in http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...893761033.aspx, but
when
I get to the step where you type in "for which...." either page number or
text, it will not let me type anything. I am using Windows Vista, Word
2007.
What am I missing here?
Thanks,
Carla