Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mi Tasol Mi Tasol is offline

Default Converting old AmiPro to Word 2007

On Jan 5, 9:32*am, JimA wrote:
I have some old documents in Lotus AmiPro ("SAM" extension) that I would like
to be able to read. *I am using Windows 7 and Word 2007. *

I tried KeyView from Lotus but I can't find a version that will run on my
computer as I get an error message indicating the file is only compatible
with 32 bit computers. *From Microsoft I saw a conversion add on that claims
to work with Word 2003 and prior but I haven't found a converter for Word
2007.

Thanks for your help

Jim

Download OpenOffice as it will open SAM files. Save the file as .DOC
and then open in Word. Keep OpenOffice for fixing corrupt tables or
doing things to tables that Word cannot - surprisingly Word will keep
the OO tables as you set them. OO has many features Word lacks and
vice-versa. As a tech writer I use both on the same file all the time
though don't import a word file into OO that has highlighted text as
that becomes a problem real fast (fixable but a pain)

Have fun

Mi Tasol