Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cfulmer

Default Removing brackets in HTML footnote reference

In Word XP, when I save a document that contains footnotes as a filtered
webpage, the reference numbers for the notes come out looking, well, weird.

First of all, they have square brackets around them. How do I turn this
off? I just want to have the number as a superscript without the brackets.

Second, the reference numbers appear on the line above the current line, in
the same font size as the text, just superscripted (and then some). Any clue
how to get rid of this?

Many thanks.