Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] an1995@gmail.com is offline

Default Can't remove highlight

On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 1:52:25 AM UTC-5, Lisa Wilke-Thissen wrote:
Hi,

I can't remove the highlighting from certain sections in my word
document -

I had a similar problem.
What I did was I copied a text from another cell that was not highlighted
and pasted it on the highlighted cell.
The new text pasted did not have any highlight so I can just modify the
contents to match the previously highlighted text.

may be, the text is not "highlighted". Instead, a shadow has been applied
(Borders and Shading).

--
Cheers,
Lisa

old post, i know, but maybe it has to do with the text being highlighted due to having a comment? Look on the right to see if a comment has been linked to the highlighted text. If so, then the only way to remove the highlight is to "resolve" or delete the comment.

This was the case of my frustration until I relized it.