Shauna Kelly

Default Customizing styles

Hi Kuko

Two questions:
1. What version of Word are you using?

2. How do you want the heading itself to look? That is, how is the Descartes
heading within the text to be formatted? What style are you using (Heading
2?), and do you want it to be in italics or not?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Kuko" wrote in message

Hi. I'm wondering if I can customize styles so certain parts of the
phrase can have different font attributes. I want to create a table of
contents. The index style I like most includes a TD3 style which
writes the whole line in italics. I know I can customize TD3 so it is
in regular style, but what I want is to have Word put it like that:

1.1.1 (in regular chars) title (in italics).......(separator in
regular chars) page (in regular chars).

This is more or less what I'm trying to do. I do it now manually (by
italizing the title part of the index entry:

http://img321.imageshack.us/my.php?image=index1fx.png

Is there a way to get Word to do it automatically?

TIA