Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] hanspnw@gmail.com is offline

Default Changing numbering in styles affects other styles (Word 03)

I have seven custom, numbered styles that are all based on the native
Heading 1,2,3 styles. I am trying to change the numbering indents in
these custom styles. When I change the 5th style, it affects the
numbering indents of the 3rd and 4th styles before it (they become
deeply indented by, say, 1 inches, though at one point it indented
them by several inches). I am making these changes via Numbering.
Nowhere can I locate any sort of connection between the 5th style and
the two prior.

Also, via Numbering, I have set these styles up to re-start numbering
after some prior style. This is not working: If I have a bunch of
Style4 paragraphs numbered, say, A through G, then several @ Style5,
then, back in Style4, the renumbering will suddenly jump to AA. I
cannot "Continue Numbering."

Thanks for any assistance...