Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Field and header

If you want the REF field in the header to update and show the information
you need to use an update macro on exit from the form field. The required
code is at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm . The alternative is
to format the fields with unique character style names and use Styleref
fields to place their content.

PhilG wrote:
I am creating a template for use in my medical office. I want to have
a form where I will fill in a patient's name in the regular text area
of the first page of the document, but then want the same information
in header of the subsequent pages (pages 2 and onward). I named the
text fields (LastName and FirstName) on the first page and then put
{Ref LastName} and {Ref FirstName} in the header of the second page,
but when I open the document I get error messages in the header
instead of the patients last and first names. What am I doing wrong?
I hope someone can help.