Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Default Colored Text (logo) Watermark - Word 2003

You're better off approaching this in Illustrator (or any graphics app)
rather than Word.

Trial and error is usually the quickest method: create a set of files
spanning a range of settings -- experiment with HSB and with contrast --
until you home in on settings that work. Also try GIF rather than JPG.

"Ashpoint" wrote in message
We now have a color laser printer and want to print our letterheads using
our
"traditional" dark blue text with a light blue logo as a watermark.

We have a blue line drawing "logo" set up as 100% saturation (in
Illustrator) and saved as Logo.jpg that we want to use as a watermark.

If we create the watermark WITHOUT washout, the watermark is solid,
intrusive and unacceptable.

If we create the watermark WITH washout, the watermark is faintly there,
almost invisible and unusable.

I suppose the question is, how do I make the washedout watermark slightly
more intense?

--
Ashpoint