Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spysmily1 spysmily1 is offline

Default Help with type a question box.

How do you hide the bar manually? If you are going to suggest that I do it by
going right clicking the menu and unchecking the box for "show ask a
question" I have already tried that and have no such option. I cannot uncheck
that which I do not have.

Please, if you have another way of removing this box, then go ahead and tell
me. I just want to customize word or any other office product the way I want,
especially if the feature is in the help and the way to do it in help leads
to no solution.

Sorry if I appear to be hostile towards Jezebel, but if you read his first
reply, he offers nothing but insults to my post. My header tells the issue
and the body explains in more detail as to what I want to do and what I have
already tried. I know that the MVP service is trying to help but insulting a
poster, instead of just asking to clarify the problem further, which demeans
this service that you guys offer.

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

There is no type a question box.
Linguistically a text is more than just
words scrambled together at random.

I was baffled by what you are heading for, too.

There is a dropdown-listbox, usually in the upper right hand corner,
the default text of which is "Type a question for help",
which vanishes with hiding the menu bar manually.

Then build your own "MyMenuBar".

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA