Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Help with type a question box.

Why on earth did you turn it off?

Shauna Kelly wrote:
Hi Graham

OK, so I turned off the box.

How do I get it back? It seems that the setting is not in normal.dot
or in the Data or Toolbars registry entries.

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Hmmm. If you had discovered that in help then you would - like me
- have discovered also how to hide it. Tools customize - right
click the box. I'm not sure you would want to hide the help tool
that would have given you the information you required?

spysmily1 wrote:
I was just joking about the MVP part it was in reference to the fact
that Jezebel was acting like a smart by the statements he chose. If
either he/she or you read the topic heading it stated ---type a
question box----. To a user of an Office 2003 product this would be
very evident to what I was talking about.

Instead of taking the time to wear the bifocals that are on his or
her desk and actually reading the topic header, this person instead
chose to comment on my intelligence and at the same time exploiting
his or her ignorance. All while providing no help.

You did provide help even though chosing not to read the topic
header to find out what I was refering to.

Since you say that the box can't be removed then why is stated that
it can be hidden in the help document?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

spysmily1 wrote:
Picture this, the
MVP is probably a male or female of Indian descent since this is
where MS outsources their customer support to.

This is a user peer group forum. MVPs are not employed by Microsoft
but are people who volunteer their time and expertise to assist
fellow users. Where they come from is irrelevant, but they are
based all over the world wherever people live and can access the
internet. Jezebel is a user who prefers to remain anonymous. If he/she
cannot
be contacted, then he/she could not be nominated to be an MVP.

MVP or not we are not mind readers and we don't know which 'box'
you are talking about; but if you mean the help tool at the top
right of the menu bar, then this cannot be removed.