Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default How do I insert: A {a symbol (member of)} B

One way to find the answer quickly for almost any character is to first get
the Unicode character value. I searched Google for "Unicode subset of
character" and found that the Unicode Character 'SUBSET OF' is U+2282.
Type the number (without the U+) in the text, then press Alt+x.

Or, in the symbol dialog, choose one of the fonts that has lots of Unicode
characters (for example, Cambria math, Arial Unicode, or Lucida Sans Unicode).
Type the number into the character code box. Then double click the
highlighted character to insert it into the text.

If I don't know the name of the character I visually search the symbol
dialog with Arial Unicode as the font.

HTH,
Pam

Phil wrote:
I'm try to write an equation where A is a "subset" of Дж using the horizontal
member with an equals line under it.

I've look at math symbols and Word 2007 equation writer, but I don't see the
symbol.

Is there one?