Gilles Desjardins

Suzanne, I owe you a giant cup of coffee! If you are ever in Montreal,
e-mail me before coming here and I will buy you a drink. I've got to show
you Northern hospitality equals Southern hospitality.

Thank you again, you were right on the money. I deleted my normal.dot and
restarted. All is well again.

Gilles

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The usual reason for this is that you have saved a document in or as
Normal.dot. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm
(It
could also be that you have only some other template selected under "Look
in" in the AutoText dialog.)

so
all may benefit.

"Gilles Desjardins" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Office 2003, Word. View, Header and Footer. When I click on the "Insert

Auto
Text" button on the tool bar, the menu is empty. I have tried the reset

tool
bar button...nothing. I went to "Insert Auto Text" menu, that also seems
empty of all the generic greetings, the word "Subject: " etc., for auto
insert purposes. I tried "detect & repair" with my Office 2003 CD, still

no
joy.
Can anyone suggest another avenue?

TIA, Gilles