WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Suddenly Typing in Red Underline!!!!

It sounds like you accidentally turned on the Track Changes feature in Microsoft Word. This feature is commonly used when collaborating on a document with others, as it allows you to see any changes made to the document and who made them.

To turn off Track Changes and get back to normal, follow these steps:
  1. 1. Look for the Review tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
    2. If the Track Changes button is highlighted in blue, click on it to turn it off.
    3. If there is a drop-down arrow next to the Track Changes button, click on it and select "Track Changes Off" from the menu.
    4. If you see a button labeled "Final Showing Markup" in the ribbon, click on it and select "Final" from the drop-down menu. This will hide any tracked changes or comments in the document.
    5. If you still see red underlines in your text, it may be because you have spelling or grammar errors. To turn off these underlines, go to the File tab, select Options, and then select Proofing. From there, you can uncheck the boxes for "Check spelling as you type" and "Mark grammar errors as you type."

Once you've completed these steps, your document should be back to normal with no red underlines or tracked changes.