Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zoomnbyu Zoomnbyu is offline

Default latin letter with accent and macron?

Suzanne, thank you very much. We'll give this a try.

Todd

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can find vowels with macrons and breves in the Latin Extended-A
character set (I think you've already located these). Accented letters are
in the same place. For letters with macron/breve *and* an accent, you may
have to experiment with the Combining Diacritical Marks (for these you may
have to use the Arial Unicode MS font) if you can't find them in Latin
Extended Additional. For other methods of combining characters, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm.

FWIW, when I was teaching Latin, most beginning textbooks did use macrons as
an aid to students, but I don't recall ever seeing one that had accent marks
as well; we were expected to learn the rules for where the accent went.

"Zoomnbyu" wrote in message
My wife is taking a latin class and I need to find an answer to this to

keep
peace in the household.

Some latin letters have both a macron and accent above them. I can't find

font letter that has this, found one but accent goes the wrong direction,

so
does anyone know a way to make this work?

Todd