Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default latin letter with accent and macron?

I can't imagine that a dot below would mean the same thing to Latin students
as a macron above, especially if the latter is what they're seeing in their
textbooks, but I'll accept your suggestion as one that worked for you.

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
As I said, it depends on what it's supposed to mean.
I had a publisher who wanted a macron over arbitrary letters (vowels) to
denote long vowels, and she settled for the dot below because that was
easier to do in Word.

Klaus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I don't think any of those would be an acceptable substitute for either a
macron or an acute accent.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
You could experiment with the different emphasis marks using the macro
below.

Regards,
Klaus

Sub ToggleEmphasisMarks()

' Puts emphasis mark(s) on selected letter(s), or removes them

Const c_Emphasis As Long = wdEmphasisMarkUnderSolidCircle
' other wdEmphasisMark constants to try:
' Const c_Emphasis As Long = wdEmphasisMarkOverComma
' Const c_Emphasis As Long = wdEmphasisMarkOverSolidCircle
' Const c_Emphasis As Long = wdEmphasisMarkOverWhiteCircle

If Selection.Font.EmphasisMark = c_Emphasis Then
Selection.Font.EmphasisMark = wdEmphasisMarkNone
Else
Selection.Font.EmphasisMark = c_Emphasis
End If

End Sub