Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default Only show Merge toolbar when opening merge documents?

Hi
We have recently upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003.
A small issue I am having is with the Merge toolbar. Previously, this would
only be shown if I opened a document that was already set up for a merge. If
it was just a normal word doc, the toolbar wouldnt be shown (as it was
obviously not needed).
I cant seem to be able to do this in Word 2003 for some reason - it
basically only lets me have the Merge toolbar permanently displayed, or not.
Anyone know of a solution to this?
Thanks