Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default list style name disappears

Sorry, no more thoughts from me. I cannot duplicate your result. When I
modify a list style starting from the reveal formatting pane, the list style
is modified and it remains.

Pam

cayce wrote:
I simply access the list style from the reveal formatting pane's link under
the bullets and numbering category. Since changes related to stylization are
accessible in one spot, I find this a more efficient navigation point.

I kept the reveal formatting pane open, saw the list "disappear" after I
finished my changes. I then confirmed its absence under the multilevel list
button; the list style is no longer showing in its gallery.

Thoughts?

Are you editing the list style by right-clicking its icon and choosing
modify?

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

What is going on and how can I stop this?