Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Headers and footers and page numbers

I'm glad I could help, and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rexmann" wrote:

Hi Stefan

Nice one, thanks, worked a treat

Cheers G

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You have to set the starting page number for the section that starts on the
third page. You can do this via the Format Page Number button on the Header
and Footer toolbar. Also remember to unlink the footer from the previous one.
For more, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"rexmann" wrote:

Hi All

I have a document with a page cover and contents page on the first 2 pages
(each a section). I would like the contents page and auto page number in h
and f to miss the first 2 pages and start with page 1 (on the 3 page). I have
tried playing with the settings but with no joy.

Can any suggest how to do this? Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers Rexmann

PS using Word 2003