Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default IF field? and if so, how to set up it??

In addition to Macropod's comments, did you use CTRL+F9 for the brackets
around Gender? Without them it will always show 'his'.
Also did you tab out of the Gender field?

revolution21 wrote:
macropod;2730901 Wrote:
Missed that. Still, easily enough done with an IF test at each
location:
{IF{Dropdown1}= "*s" her his}
etc...

Thanks for your answers.. but it seems not to work :-/

I used an IF field as you wrote { IF { Gender } = "Miss" her his },
named the dropdown menu "Gender" and checked the "calculate" box...
but the IF field is always on "his", even if i change the choice in
dropdown and then refresh.
Do you know any another possible solution or am I missing something?