Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
walkshaw walkshaw is offline

Default Office Word 2007 instabilities w/Adobe Acrobat PDF Maker

I have Office 2007 for Home & Student which came preinstalled by Dell 4/17,
so as far as I know, it's not a pre-release version. No, this is a brand new
computer which came with Adobe Reader 9 and Acrobat.com. Yes, I did update
Acrobat 9 to the latest version 9.1.0. There's also something called "Air"
listed under the Adobe files (Program Files x86). This problem is only in
Word as far as I know. The error messages appear, I type continue anyway,
and it goes to the program, so it's working. I just want to get rid of the
errors and ensure I don't have something in my system which I shouldn't. I
really appreciate your help of any kind!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Are you running a pre-release version of Office 2007?
Did you have an old version of Acrobat that left a PDFMAKER.DOT template
lying around?
Have you updated Acrobat 9 to current spec?

walkshaw wrote:
When opening Office Word 2007 I get an error message "...detected
that your computer has a version of Adobe Acrobat PDF maker that is
known to cause instabilities in Word 2007 (pre-release). To resolve
this issue, download an update from Adobe System's Web site."

I have Adobe Reader 9.1.0, but not sure what Acrobat is being talked
about?!? I have Windows Vista 64-bit; Acrobat.com is noted under
Program Files (X86), but when I click on that icon, I'm taken to a
beta version for Acrobat connect.

Can anyone help? I found something about Adobe PDF Maker Error
Message relative to Office 2003 and Adob Acrobat 5.05, but not what I
have.