peterJH

Default Word locks up when connected to the Internet

Hi
I'm a new user - so hopefully this has not been covered recently on the
list.

When I open some word documents (whilst logged on to the Internet), the
document opens very slowly and, in some cases, freezes. I've noticed,
too, that as the document is trying to open, my browser is indicating
an upload to the Internet.

If I disconnect from the Internet, then the files open normally.

I suspect a virus, but despite having all the latest updates installed,
no viruses are detected. This is happening on my laptop machine and my
desktop - which have different AV packages installed.

It's starting to drive me nuts.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Regards

Peter