Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MatthewS MatthewS is offline

Default Tried the TaskPaneController ; now my menus / icons are doubling u

I tried using the TaskPaneController that was helpful enough in getting the
Task Pane to not open, but now it doesn't matter what I do to the Tools
Customize etc to change the menus, the same ones keep coming up, even if I
delete them.

Also, for the menus that are there, most of the time they have each of the
icons up there twice, which leans to menus taking over the screen. I can
change them, pull the duplicates off, set the menus straight, but I only get
to use it normally for that session, because even if it's the only
application running, and I shut it down and start it up, the mess-load o'
menus and icons are back.

I would have been happy slapping ctrl-F1 before doing this. Is there any
way to reverse this?

If it involves removing and reloading Word, I think I'd be happy doing that
if that would work. Anything that anyone has been able to do if they have
seen similar oddness, I'd be happy to hear any thoughts on this.

Thanks!