Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Swami

Default Making a Template for Writing Checks

What about setting up page size to suit the check (or cheque as we say here
in Australia!), scan it and insert it as a background image, then insert
your type-in-data-fields over that image in the correct positioning, then
remove the background (or hide it) just prior to printing?? But save it as
a locked template with image showing, and save each filled cheque as a
separate file for archive.

Ahem, is this too simple, or did I miss something here? I am not sure in
this newsgroup if/when to speak up with my simplistic ideas. Seeing
something that stumps "The Great Susanne. S. Barnhill" makes me wonder if it
is therefore not possible at all

"mcp6453" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, is it possible to make a template that has a
non-printable image of a check such that when I am typing in the document,
it looks like I'm filling out a check, but when I print, only the newly
entered information prints?