Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default help on searching for a word in a word document

"sammy" wrote:

I am running 2003 word and I have 8 or 9 documents open in the same folder
containing say 20 word documents.

I run the find command searching for a word in document but it only reports
the word or phrase found in the documents that I have not opened and not the
8 or 9 where the word or phrase exists also.

Do I need to install a patch and does this happen in 2007 word.

If you are writing about the Search feature of the Windows Explorer
environment, then I believe that it cannot search in documents that are
opened as they are flagged as "Locked".

I would suggest that you do take the time to write a more detailed post if
you want reliable help.