Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michele Michele is offline

Default .doc vs .docx

New to the discussions. Can you assist me with getting a question posted?

Thank you, Michele

"dama1" wrote:

I have Office 2000 (and am quite happy with it although it's an older
version). When I receive a word document from someone using Office 2007 and
try to open it, I get a pop-up telling me that it isn't recognized. When I
change the extention from .docx to .doc, I get a page full of hieroglyphics
(squares and symbols). Is there a download available to fix this problem?
Something I can do internally? Thanks for any help.