Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Plus and minus signs in outline view

Hi Beth
I'm using Word 2003. The particular document is very long (about 100,000
words).
PS the collapse and expand functions still work fine with all headings -
just that some show with a minus sign when they should show a plus sign

"Beth Melton" wrote:

What versions of Word are you using?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Steve" wrote in message
I know the plus sign indicates there is subsumed text below it and the
minus
sign means there isn't - or shouldn't be any subsumed text. Trouble is -
it
sometimes does ie a minus shows for a heading that has subordinate text
below
it. I can live with it - but why is it happening and is there any way to
prevent it from happening?