jka319

Default merge multiple documents with different margins

I have a data file where each record needs to be merged with one of several
different form letters. The letter it should be merged with depends on a
certain field in the data file (in this case, the User_Field_2). I've
accomplished this by using a main letter that is just a series of "if"
statements with "includetext".

Here's one of my "if" statements:
{IF {MERGEFIELD User_Field_2} = "BOSSIER" "{INCLUDETEXT
"C:\\MailMerge\\Bossier Parish DA.RTF"}"}

I have several of these "if" statements, one after the other, for each
possible value of User_Field_2.

When I merge the main letter to a new document, it creates a big document
with the correct letters for each record. Here's the problem: Each of these
letters has a specific format that it needs to follow, and they all have
different margins. When I merge them all together, they all take on one set
of margins, which messes up the formatting in some of them.

I've tried setting the margins for each individual "if" statment, but that
creates section breaks between them, which creates 2 other problems: 1. It
puts a blank page between each letter. 2. It leaves a lot of blank lines at
the top of some letters (the ones where the "if" statement was farther down
the page).

Does anyone know of a way to merge different letters into one document, and
still keep the margins of each individual letter?

Any help will be appreciated.
Jennifer