Peter Jamieson

Actually, it can be done, as far as APPEARANCE goes, by setting the
Indent, as
Peter suggested.

Graham, I think!

Peter Jamieson

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?amthMzE5?=,

I finally opened a call with Microsoft, and they eventually told me that
it
can't be done. Their solution was to fix all the margins in my documents
the same margins.

Actually, it can be done, as far as APPEARANCE goes, by setting the
Indent, as
Peter suggested.

Open each document that contains the content for the IncludeText field.
Create
a new style in each document (a different name for each document). In that
style, set the INDENT for the paragraph format to the "margin" you want to
see.
That will make it appear as if the margins were different. Be sure to
apply the
style to all the paragraphs.

When I merge the main letter to a new document, it creates a big
document
with the correct letters for each record. Here's the problem: Each of
these
letters has a specific format that it needs to follow, and they all have
different margins. When I merge them all together, they all take on one
set
of margins, which messes up the formatting in some of them.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply