Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Keep formating when mail merging from excel to word address labe

It may be worth trying the following if your Excel sheet has fewer than
(arond) 64 columns:
a. select your Excel sheet
b. copy/paste into a Word document so that formatting is retained
c. use the Word document as the data source
d. for fields where you wish to retain formatting, instead of { MERGEFIELD
X } use { REF X } or just { X }.

Some formatting comes through when you do that but I haven't tested the
specifics in this case.

Peter Jamieson

"timfitz" wrote in message
Trying to mail merge. Excel spread sheet with some conditional formating
in
certain fields. When merged the text format is lost. I found out how to
set
the field format for every name merge. But it does not come across as it
looks in excel.(red or green or bold).

Any ideas?