Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
laceyjo laceyjo is offline

Default How to center text within graphic in mail merge labels

Thank you for your instructions. I have got so far and am stuck at the bit
where I have to copy the edited/washedout image onto the other labels. This
label is the very first one, the top left hand one. When I click on copy and
go to paste it onto the empty labels, it automatically jumps back to paste on
top of the edited label and it appears as the "unwashed" one. What have I
dont wrong?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Paste the clipart into a label, select it and then from the format menu,
select Picture and on the Format Picture dialog, go to the Layout tab and
select the Behind Text option. You may want to go the the Size tab and
uncheck the Lock aspect ratio control so that you can drag the borders of
the picture to fill the cell completely. You will need to turn on the
Drawing toolbar and click on the Select objects button at the left hand end
of the toolbar to be able to select the picture once you had sent it behind
the text. You may want to set the Picture to "Washout" using the Picture
tab of the Format Picture dialog.

Once you have the picture the way that you want, you can copy it to the
other labels and you can just enter and align your text on the labels as if
the picture was not there.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"laceyjo" wrote in message
Thank you for the link. Unfortunately, I do not fully understand it. The
explains shows the procedure for formatting Wordart. I want to insert an
angel image from clipart and have the text centered and have the angel
image
on the background. Is there a step by step way to be shown how to do this
please?

Many Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

so
all may benefit.

"laceyjo" wrote in message
I should also have added that I would like the text to be in the
foreground
centered, and the graphic to be in the background. The graphic is from
clipart.

"laceyjo" wrote:

I am doing a mail merge for labels for Christmas cards. I am trying
insert a graphic but I want the address that I have typed to be
centred
within the graphic. At the moment, when I do this, the text jumps up
top of the graphic and if I try and cut/paste it wont work. If I
press
enter, the entire document moves down. Could someone possibly
explain
how
exactly this can be done please?