Posted to microsoft.public.mac.office.word,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lauren

Default Data Form Dialogue Box Counts Backwards

John,

Since my religion is that of Jesus and Moses, I guess I'm off the hook!
Thanks again for your help
--
~lauren~

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

Hi Lauren:

We'll let you off with just four Hail Marys this time :-)

Seriously: It used to be considered good Netiquette to send an email
drop-copy to the original poster whenever you replied to a Usenet post.

In this age of spam, it no longer is. Some people will now abuse you
pungently if you send a drop-copy :-)

In the meantime, the whole concept of Usenet itself has been purloined by
the "screen scrapers" out there. The core knowledge store for this "place"
still resides on an NNTP Usenet server that peers with any sever that asks
it to (as a Usenet server should). But sadly, more than 80 per cent of our
audience now arrives via one of the websites that are slurping up all our
hard work and surrounding it with advertising, so people have no idea that
they can actually still get their answers in hours or minutes and spam-free
:-)

Cheers

On 28/5/06 1:58 AM, in article
, "Lauren"
wrote:

I apologize PROFUSELY for not continuing this sooner. I thought I would be
contacted via email when a response was posted.

"do you mean
"as seen when you click the View SOurce button in the Data Form dialog...."
YES (caps to stand out, not yelling!)
"Are you using the database toolbar to examine/modify data in a table that
has been inserted using a DATABASE field, or just an ordinary table?"
DATABASE FIELD
(my boss used the Mail Merge Wizard to originally create this table and
merges the table to a Form for printing/faxing 1 record at a time, if that
helps)

But in any case, I chalked this up to a corrupted file and was somehow able
to salvage my info. I do appreciate the response, though, as I always do
Take care!

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410