Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kmewing kmewing is offline

Default Tab Leaders in Table of Contents

My instructions here pertain to Word 2003.

To edit the format for individual TOC levels, click "Insert|Reference|Index
and Tables." Click the tab for Table of Contents, then click the Modify
button. This brings up a Style window for TOC levels.

In your case, select TOC1 in the Style window and click the Modify button.
This brings up a Modify Style window. Click the Format button and select
Tabs. This brings up a familiar-looking Tabs window. On this window you can
select the leader for the TOC1 entry. Clicking OK brings you back to the
Modify Style window.

If you want your change to be permanently entered into the template, click
the checkbox for "Add to template," then click OK.

Ken

"x5bulldog" wrote:

When creating a TOCs I only want dotted tab leaders for Levels 2-4. But for
Level 1 I want the Heading not to have any dotted tab leaders.

When I create a TOCs and I pick dotted tab leaders each level is given leaders

Can someone help me with this

Example (this is want i want)

CHAPTER 1 3