Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Default How do I insert roman numbers into Word documents

Hi Phil,

If the numbers you speak of are in a field, just add the \* Roman switch.
e.g. { QUOTE "1081" \* Roman } results in MLXXXI.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Phil Gearing" wrote:

Many procedures refer to volume 1, 2 ,3 etc but they are always produced in
roman numerals, so how can I insert these characters in a normal text
document to provide correct referencing?