Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How can I reset a section break number?

It sounds as if you are using section numbers instead of chapter numbers.
Note that if you want the "chapter numbers" to appear in the TOC, you must
use the "Include chapter number" feature of "Format page numbers," and that
requires that you use auto numbering for one of Word's built-in heading
styles. If you don't want your heading actually numbered, you can format the
numbering as Hidden (and followed by "Nothing" instead of a space or tab),
and it will still be picked up by the page number. Alternatively, if you
have chapter numbers anyway, use a heading style with auto numbering to
generate them.

"floridawildlife" wrote in
message ...
While creating a book, I have a title page and a forward that I wish not

use page numbering on. While I can suppress the page numbers for those

pages,
I am unable to reset the section number for the first chapter, so that the
chapter number and page number starts with one (i.e., 1-1) Currently,

because
of the section break, the first chapter page is posted as 2-1.

HELP!