Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Inserting or embedding Listnum field into TC field

As far as I know, there is no way to get a nested LISTNUM field to
display. As Suzanne wrote, SEQ fields may work better. However, it
would make more sense to use a cross-reference field instead: Place
the insertion point inside the TC field and insert a cross-reference
to the LISTNUM field. Then try updating the table of contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

" wrote in message
I should like to insert an identical sequence number into the TC

field for
it's use in generating a TOC. The example follows: [3. Content

Header ]
where 3. is generated from a Listnum field and the total [3.

Content Header
] content is desired as an entry in the TOC as being displayed in

the
following fashion: [3. Content

Header.............................56 ]
where 56 represents the page where [3. Content Header] is located.

Again I
am looking to have the Listnum field generate the number as other

Listnum
fields are inserted or deleted and to have that information carry

over to the
TC field for capture into the TOC when it is updated. I am not sure

that
this combining of fields is possible but if there is an alternative

method
for producing the same results I would be most appreciative. Thanks

in
advance for any assistance.