Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Keeping Formatting When Deleting a Section Break?

These instructions are for deleting a section break, but the OP wanted to
know how to retain formatting when deleting a section break, which wasn't
possible in that case because a multi-column section was involved.

http://word.mvps.org

"Virginia" wrote in message
I just tried the following and it worked:

- Place you cursor after the last word before the section break.
- Add a carriage return, to get the section break to show-up on another
line.
- Move the cursor to the far left of the document until it changes -
selecting the entire line.
- Hit the delete key.

I hope this helps!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Changing the number of columns requires a section break. Presumably the
page
numbering is restarting in the multi-column section. Place the insertion
point there and then go to Format Page Number and select "Continue from
previous section."

http://word.mvps.org

"opjeshke" wrote in message
Hello, I have to insert some text in 2 columns in my document. The
problem
is
it is automatically creating a section brake at the formated text and
"continue numbering", doesn't work even like that and I really need the
page
to be continuous in the whole document. I've worked before with
columned
text
and I didn't have this kind of problem... please help me, it's driving
me
mad

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This behavior has not changed in Word 2003. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Kate Stiteler" Kate wrote in
message
First, let me say that I hate Microsoft Word 2003. It seems like
they
have
really made it less user friendly.

I use a lot of Section Breaks when drafting reports. Generally I
have
page
1
with one header and footer, which I end with a continuous section
break,
followed by subsequent pages with no header and page number footers.
then
will use a page section break, and start the process again with a
different
header.

Well, I now find that when I delete a continuous section break to
insert
it
elsewhere, the page section break above it is ALSO deleted, and then
impossible to put back in. This annoying fluke is the bane of my
existence.
Any help?