Himmelswüst Himmelswüst is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
There is a switch available to hide SEQ fields, but that can't be it,
because you would have seen it when displaying field codes. If you
display hidden text in Word, does that reveal something then?

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP
[/i][/color]
No, unfortunately switching on the display hidden text box in the Options dialog box does not display the missing caption either.

I've just realized that pressing alt+F9 does not permanently change my TOC. So I've once again pressed alt+F9 and then clicked on *one of* the fields and then chose "update fields". Again, this did not work. Or does the update fields command work in some other unfathomable way ...?

It's a tiresome process. Luckily, I'm not under any huge time pressure ...!